Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Juxtaposition

Found this pretty little thing while driving back from one of our campuses.  This campus is even more in the middle of no where than the one I work at is.  It's pure dirt and cacti for about 100 miles each way.  When we drive out there i'ts almost 2 hours each way so we only have a couple hours there before we have to come back to our main campus.
But I digress.
After that much "blah," when you see a pop of color, you  tend to notice.   Since spring is now here (yay!)  The cacti are now starting to blossom!  These are little cacti, and I would never notice them at all, but but they now have beautiful flowers!  I just had to snap a picture, even though all I had was my phone.  Next week, I will make sure to bring my Canon to do these blossoms justice.

Aren't they beautiful!?  I love Arizona!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

My good friend Lisa has lived in Tucson for the last few years and has grown to really love the desert, especially in spring. I love desert flowers, too, and I'm glad you got to see some pretty color. :)

Miraleeh said...

And wow...your little phone camera did a pretty good job! Beautiful!