Sunday, May 8, 2011

In a perfect world.

In a perfect world...

-I would be able to give my mom a table full of presents.

-I would have the perfect words to tell my mom how much she means to me and what an amazing person she is. 

-I would be able to re-pay her for everything she has done and sacrificed for our family.  

-I would have all the time in the world to spend doing fun things with my mom. 

-I would be there with my mom to celebrate mothers day.

My mom and I have had so much fun together, and been such great friends over the years and will always be.  My mother's selflessness, her love, kindness and friendship has made me who I am and gotten me through many rough times. 

I am grateful for a day where we can all stop and honor motherhood, because it is truly the hardest and most wonderful calling in the world. 


My mom is the embodiment of this scripture:

  And charity suffereth long, and is kind, and envieth not, and is not puffed up, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil, and rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth, beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
Moroni 7:45

Happy Mothers Day to my mom and all the amazing moms that I know who also have these qualities! 

Here are a few of my favorite mums ever...(in no particular order)

5 comments:

rachel said...

Here! Here! (whatever that means) Anywhoodle, I met your mom and she is absolutely lovely! I wish she could have gone on the cruise with us ;) And I second your list of fabulous mothers - McCall, Shanna and Ashley are all ladies that I will lean on when I have NO idea what to do with my children.

xoxo

PS - I'm waiting to register for RID because I might have something big coming up. I'll let you know ASAP

Miraleeh said...

Oh wow...that's beautiful! Your mother is one lucky lady...to have a daughter like you! (Thank you daughter, for that beautiful tribute. Now I am going to have to live up to all of it!)

Anyway...I too love YOU more than I can say!

Miraleeh said...

P.S. Hi Rachel! Yeah...it was fun meeting you that summer and since then I have occasionally stopped by your blog...which I LOVE! Glad you and Jer are keeping in touch :)

Tanya said...

you are the sweetest person I know! What a nice tribute to your awesome mom, and thank you SO much for including me in your post. (check mine out too...) Love you soooo much!! I miss your face. a lot.

McCall B. said...

I've never met your mom, but seeing as how you are one of my most favoritest peeps ever, I can conclude that she is awesome because you turned out to be such an amazing person.
Love your face off Jer! I'm sorry we always get cut off on the phone, but let's talk again soon.