Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Flowers, Fondue, Fun, Friends, Family, and Fotos!


The last week in May I went to California again...for a "work conference." I had a 2 day conference at the Anaheim Convention Center, but took about 10 days to hang out with my friends and family since my work was paying for the flight. (last year was the interpreter cruise, this year was a little more low key.) I did get to stay a couple nights in the Marriott adjacent to the convention center, and had a friend drive down for the conference too so she got to take advantage of the free hotel too. It the conference was ok, but the first day was a little disapointing, since I expected more from the National Interpreter Conference. The second day redeemed itself though, and we decided we liked the Deaf presenters a whole lot better than the others. Our favorite was a 4 hour Mime workshop. So fun! Least favorite was the "Interpreting for the LGBTQI community" workshop. Not so much because of the content, because I learned a few good things, but it was just super boring, and after 4 hours I wanted to hang myself.

Before the conference my Mom and I went to the Carlsbad Flower Festival, which was random but really quite fun! It was a perfect day and it was beautiful. We got some good (and silly) shots too.

Also hung out with my girl Emily, we had a fun homemade fondue lunch! It was quite fun, and super delicious!

Then randomly a few days later, after the conference my friend Rebecca (aka Frank) and I went to The Melting Pot, also fondue! We had a $20 off certificate, but it was still crazy expensive. Worth it though~ yummmers~!

Alright, now on to the "fotos"! Lots of them...
ps (I'm too lazy to add photo titles/comments, so deal. I'm sure you can figure it out.) :)















5 comments:

rachel said...

Jealous. About everything. Did you know I used to work at Melting Pot in San Diego? I love it! Delicious!

McCall B. said...

Your flower pictures look professional! I want to see more of your recent photography so I can admire your mad skills.

Laura said...

Love the pics-especially the one of Frank!

Unknown said...

Cool pics!

Taylor Morgan said...

I love the melting pot! so yummy!