Saturday, October 31, 2009

October in review

First of all, HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
I've been on a blogging hiatus due to a vacation, a lost computer cord and being sick.
So here is the past month in review.

I decided last min to hop in the car with some peeps going to Ca for the weekend, so I got to go to the beach market, frolick with the fam, go to the BYU football game, hang with my favorite people Emily, Heather and Brandon. (why didn't we take pics Em and Heather!?). It was a great trip, so glad I went!
HB Pier (we took pictures like tourists. awesome.)


Haha, the pic above makes me laugh. something about the squinty eyes, and camera shadow. it was unsuccessful to say the least.

BYU @ San Diego game. I could be way off but it was thier 400th game I think. (I love these two SOO much, it was so fun to see them.)


Then last week Alicia and I (and my cousing Aubree) decided to go to my Grandparents to make Halloween treats! She makes delectable carmel chocolate apples every year so I got to join her. We also made some halloween cupcake pops. I got the idea from my friend here, and she got the idea here. They looked so cute, but due to a series of unfortunate events, and just me being inept and uncontrolably messy in the kitchen, we had to improvise, and they took 6hrs longer (thats not an exaggeration) than planned and took on differnent shapes and colors than planned. Aubree was a trooper and hung in there with my lameness, and we all had fun. Thanks to grandma for the kitchen for the whole day too! It was a rediculously long process doing a double recipe for the pops and 3 dozen apples, but actually we had tons of fun!


Aubree was mourning the tragic death of yet another cupcake pop.



Last but not least, I went out with a couple more of my favorite people, Kristine and Brittany. Kristine is from The Land of Norweigia, or its more commonly known as Norway. She's going back in a week, so it was fun to see her last night. We went to the Fashion Place mall and then the Cheesecake Factory! It was the most divine meal I have had in a long time. Soooo yummy, and such great company- we had a riot!
Madonna's "VOGUE" was seriously playing in the backround, so involuntary vogue-ing ensued.
My lips look like dead fish with collagen injections.


Oh..... and this is our Cheesecake and my favorite picture of the night, of how we felt about that cheesecake....


I love it!

Hope you all have a fun night of tricking and/or treating!

2 comments:

McCall B. said...

I don't know what kind of trauma you had in making those apples and cake suckers, but they look amazing in these pictures. I am super impressed and now also very hungry for a treat after seeing those pictures.

Brittany Anne said...

oh look at you having so much fun. loved the post.