Thursday, September 24, 2009

Yet another reason...

...that I am not ever going to have a baby. Ok, so since I have been around a lot more people that have had children recently, I hear horror stories of births, pain, large needles, "tearing", squishy post-baby insides, and much more. These stories do not help my desire to have children in the futre. Honestly, when I was on my mission, my bff Heather had her first baby, and she sent me a long letter about all the details of the birth and everything involved. I loved long detailed letters, but lets just say my companion thought I was reading a horror story by the reaction I was having. I guess I was more naive than I thought about the birth/labor process. THEN, I had an interesting experience while interpreting in a sex ed where they showed a birth, and just zoomed in on the "important" stuff (ah-hem) and we saw all the details. Including the "after-birth." (which she rewound while we watched everything go back in, and then come back out again.) The fact is, I'm getting a little freaked out, people. Your kids are cute (they really are), but I can enjoy them from a distance, right?


So here is the news story that inspired this oh-so-uplifting post. This is a baby that was recently born in Indonesia at 19.2 pounds. 19.2 lbs people! I am sure that it would be my luck to have a 19lb baby. ahhh! (the baby on the left is a "normal" baby to compare)



Here is another picture of a six month old Iranian baby. Ahhh again!


cute but a little bit scary!

(ok, before I get hate mail, these things are more of my musings, rather than me actually saying birth is nasty, and I refuse to have kids. Don't worry, I sincerely know there are great things attached to having kids, and am sure I will get over it.)

6 comments:

leslie s said...

Those pictures are hilarious!! I would have the fear of all fears inside me if I had 19lbs of baby inside me. Please tell me that was not a natural delivery...I don't think it would be humanly possible.

rachel said...

O.M.G. Platonic friend, you are so selfish! How can I ever hope to go on another platonic type cruise with someone so self absorbed and obviously going against God's plan?!?! Ugh. I'm visiting a witch doctor tomorrow and putting a hex on you....I wonder how much an "impregnate my friend with a 22 lb baby" hex will cost?

Brittany Anne said...

Hahahaha! That fat Iranian baby is so hilariously funny. I kinda want to tickle him and see him laugh.

The more i find out about what it takes to get that baby out, the more scared I get.

McCall B. said...

I heart you.

The Ball Family said...

I would be scared out of my mind to have a baby that huge. Good thing we are in the USA where doctors know what they are doing and you most likely wouldn't get a baby that ginormous. But trust me, no matter what you go through to get the baby out, it is totally worth it. TOTALLY.

nana and atom said...

Jer, where in the world did you find those pics?! oh man! anyway, i forgot about butt drugs, that's hilarious. and ps, that is a hot car you've got yourself. and lets hang out again soon.