Monday, February 21, 2011

P-Town


 Phoenix, that is. Downtown Phoenix.  On Sunday morning before the crack of dawn I met up with a photography group who specialize in HDR photography.  We met before dawn so we could take photos of a waking and soggy Phoenix at sunrise. It had been raining all week end which is the best time to take pictures if you ask me.  I had so much fun, and being my first time doing HDR, I learned a lot.  

{If you care, HDR means High Dynamic range, and is achieved by taking 3 pictures of the same composition with a tripod.  One @ normal exposure,  one @ 2 stops over exposed, and one @ 2 stops underexposed.  Then you blend them together for a very dynamic picture!  Some can get over the top, kind of like the church picture (2nd to last) but I tried not to get too crazy on the others.}


I forgot what the world looked like at 5:30am, it was delightful!  
I can't wait to go back!

Some of my favorite shots:
(these look way better bigger, click to enlarge)










9 comments:

rebecca said...

these are fabulous!
you always find the funnest things to do!

rachel said...

You are AMAZING!!! I had no idea!

(the word verification is "mating") (yikes)

Miraleeh said...

WOWZA! IMPRESSIVE!

Ashley said...

You are seriously an amazing photographer! Holy awesome girlfriend. :) Hope you are doing well. We still miss you everyday!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool!! They are all so bright and clear and eye-catching! Great work!

Laurel Bogar said...

Did you take all of those!? They are honestly amazing! I love the vw bus one and the coke, and the church oh and the wall with the door. They're all framers! Beautiful colors.

Meddy said...

These are AMAZING.

Kat said...

makes me want to be a photographer. I've always wanted to take some cool pics or even learn how to take them. I am quite impressed. Way to go Jerilyn you're awesome!

Heather said...

So, these are SO cool!! I never knew the process behind taking pictures like this. My absolute favorites are the VW Bus, Coke Can, and the wall with door. I wonder how these turn out using people?? Maybe we can use my kids as guinea pigs. :)